Knee Pain Treatment
Pain is the body's way of saying something is wrong. The problem is usually located at or around the site of the pain. In this case, it is your knee. Perhaps, your knee is worn, or you suffered an injury that can be treated at Gold Chiropractic. Our knee pain chiropractor in Cumming, GA, Dr. Eli Goldsmith, has successfully treated patients using knee adjustments and sports injury treatment.
What is Causing Pain in Your Knee?
The knee is a large and complex hinge joint. The main parts are the kneecap (patella), thigh bone (femur), shinbone (tibia), and tibia (fibula). Tendons, ligaments, and cartilage connect and protect the bones and joints, keep the knee stable, and allow a wide range of motion.
However, there is always a risk of injury, inflammation, or pain because of repetitive motion and the weight the knee bears every day. The knee hurts mainly because of overuse, a fall, sports, or auto accident injury, medical conditions, or physical imbalances:
- Knee arthritis, e.g., osteoarthritis
- Infection of the knee joint or bones
Injury or Overuse
These include strains or sprains, knee tendonitis, knee bursitis, iliotibial band syndrome, and:
- Kneecap fracture or dislocation
- Fracture of other knee bones or joints
- Runner's knee (patellofemoral pain syndrome)
- Torn ligament or cartilage (meniscus tear)
Typical Knee Pain Symptoms
Severe pain may start suddenly after an injury, running, or exercise. Sometimes, it is just a mild discomfort that grows worse over time. Other symptoms include swelling, tenderness, joint deformity, knee instability, reduced mobility, and trouble bearing weight. You may also hear a grinding, popping, or clicking sound when you move the leg.
Natural Knee Pain Relief in Cumming, GA
Our chiropractor can decide if and how to treat you after a knee x-ray, range of motion tests, or other exams to find the source of your pain.
- Knee Adjustment: A gentle knee adjustment is all that is needed to ease the pain in some cases. Dr. Goldsmith may use his hands or an instrument to mobilize and realign the joints and bones and reduce inflammation.
- Spinal Adjustment: Correcting spinal misalignment through adjustments helps to improve posture and distribute body weight evenly. The result is less stress on the knee and much-needed pain relief.
Other pain-relief methods include massage therapy, strengthening exercises, and nutrition and lifestyle counseling. All therapies are drug-free and non-invasive, so you can return for routine care to keep your knee in shape or improve sports performance.
Experience the Joy of Lasting Pain Relief! Call Today.
Manage acute and chronic pain with non-surgical therapies at Gold Chiropractic. Visit our Cumming, GA, chiropractor for an evaluation and find out how we can help optimize your mobility. Call (678)-513-8848 to request an appointment today.